Congratulations to Amelia Canham, Year 3, for her excellent poster design about our new principles for Science. Her poster was chosen to best represent the new principles and will be on display around the school. Amelia was presented with her Science Kit prize at the Celebration Assembly just before half term.
St Mary’s 5 Principles of Good Science Teaching and Learning
1. Inspires awe and wonder in the world around us.
2. Promotes a joy of discovery.
3. Children are able to test and investigate their own ideas.
4. Is memorable and looks at the big ideas.
5. Teachers use questioning to promote discussion and thinking.