Our School Clubs
Clubs at St Mary's
At St Mary’s we encourage active participation in sport and physical activity throughout the curriculum. We also offer a range of before and after school, and lunch-time, sports clubs for children in Year 1 through to Year 6. The clubs are divided into Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Clubs vary on a termly basis and parents are notified towards the end of one term what sports clubs will be available for the next term. Parents complete a reply slip stating which club their child would like to take part in. The cost of the club is dependent on the number of children who wish to take part.
The clubs are run by professional coaches who come into school to run the sessions.
Autumn Term 2021
- Tuesday 3.15pm - 4.15pm Years 1&2 Football (last session will be 7th Dec 2021)
- Wednesday 8am - 8.45am Years 1&2 Multisports (last session will be 8th Dec 2021)
- Wednesday 3.15pm - 4.15pm Years 5&6 Girls Netball (last session will be 1st Dec 2021)
- Wednesday 3.15pm - 4.15pm Years 5&6 Boys Football (last session will be 8th Dec 2021)
- Thursday 8am - 8.45am Years 3&4 Boys Football (last session will be 9th Dec 2021)
- Friday 12.10pm - 1pm KS2 Girls Football (last session will be 10th Dec 2021)
- Friday 3.15pm - 4.15pm KS2 Multisports (last session will be 10th Dec 2021)
Working with Suffolk County Music Service, we also offer the opportunity of musical instrument lessons for Key Stage 2 children. These usually include the violin, flute, clarinet, or brass. The commitment is for a whole academic year, one lesson a week, and the cost is determined by County Music Service who provide the music teachers to come into school to take the lessons. If your child is interested in learning to play a musical instrument, please contact the school office.
The school also runs an orchestra club on a Tuesday after school from 3.15pm-4.15pm for children that have been playing their instrument for at least 1 year.
Our music teacher runs a lunch-time choir club which is open to all Key Stage 2 children who enjoy singing and are interested in being part of the choir to sing at concerts and performances. This will resume after October half-term 2021.
St Mary's Wrap Around Care Provision Information
The aim of St Mary's wrap around provision is to provide a high-quality wrap around care. We will provide a small breakfast and a light snack at the beginning/end of their school day.
The children are encouraged to be fully involved in the running of the clubs and are regularly consulted regarding which activities they prefer and whether they have any ideas or suggestions for improvement. Your comments are also welcome, so please feel free to let us know your views.