In our school we ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils. We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups. This includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed. In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who received free school meals will be socially disadvantaged. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium Grant to support any pupil who has been identified by the school as socially disadvantaged.
" It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility." Department for Education.
Provision and Impact
The range of provision the governors may consider include:
- providing targeted support from teaching assistants and higher level teaching assistants in order to improve opportunities for effective interventions and accelerating progress
- providing one to one or small group with an experienced teacher focused on overcoming gaps in learning.
- providing emotional support for target children ensuring that they are able to participate in a wide range of activities.
- providing training and expertise to deliver quality first teaching / knowledge and understanding for specialist needs.
- opportunities / equipment for learning.
The majority of our work through the Pupil Premium Grant will be aimed at accelerating progress and moving children to at least age-related expectations. It may also be used to target able children who receive FSM to achieve greater depth at the end of KS1 or KS2.
Pupil Premium Strategy 2021/22
The amount of Pupil Premium for 2021-22 is £32,228
The amount of Recovery premium funding for 2021-22 is £3,045
Pupil Premium Strategy 2020/21
The amount of Pupil Premium for 2020-21 is £30,418.00
Pupil Premium Strategy 2019/20
Department for Education - Articles and advice for children and young people.