Please be reassured that although the school is closed we are still here to support you and your family. If you have any safeguarding concerns please email email@example.com and Mrs Berry will contact you.
Mental Health Support and First Response for All Ages
These resources are designed to support parents and carers to keep their children safe online:
- Thinkuknow provides advice from the National Crime Agency (NCA) on staying safe online
- Parent info is a collaboration between Parentzone and the NCA providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations
- Childnet offers a toolkit to support parents and carers of children of any age to start discussions about their online life, to set boundaries around online behaviour and technology use, and to find out where to get more help and support
- Internet matters provides age-specific online safety checklists, guides on how to set parental controls on a range of devices, and a host of practical tips to help children get the most out of their digital world
- London Grid for Learning has support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online, including tips to keep primary aged children safe online
- Net-aware has support for parents and carers from the NSPCC, including a guide to social networks, apps and games
- Let’s Talk About It has advice for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation
- UK Safer Internet Centre has tips, advice, guides and other resources to help keep children safe online, including parental controls offered by home internet providers and safety tools on social networks and other online services
Term Dates 2019-2020
Autumn Term 2019
Wednesday 4th September to Wednesday 18th December 2019
Half Term: 21st – 25th October 2019
Staff training days: Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Spring Term 2020
Monday 6th January to Friday 3rd April 2020
Half Term 17th – 21st February 2020
Summer Term 2020
Monday 20th April to Friday 17th July 2020
Friday 8th May - Bank Holiday (School open as usual Monday 4th May)
Half Term 25th-29th May 2020
Term Dates 2020-21
Autumn Term 2020
Thursday 3rd September to Friday 18th December
Half Term: 26th – 30th October 2020
PD Days: 1st and 2nd September 2020
Spring Term 2021
Tuesday 5th January to 26th March 2021
Half Term: 15th - 19th February 2021
PD Day: 4th January 2021
Summer Term 2021
Monday 12th April – Friday 16th July 2021
Bank Holiday: 3rd May 2021
Half Term: 31st May – 4th June 2021
Term Time Leave of Absence
Concerns or Issues Flow Chart Guidance
Outcome following visit from the Diocesan Inspector and our Section 48 Inspection
School Nursing Update
School Nursing ChatHealth number is 07507 333356. Children, young people and their families are able to access a school nurse from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday all year round for advice, guidance and support.
Acceptable Use of ICT and Mobile Phones Policy
Home School Agreement
School meals are provided by Eats Catering, a subsidiary of Vertas.
School dinners cost £2.30 per day. Payments for school dinners should be made in advance via Parentmail using a card, or by cash using via a Paypoint with a Parentmail barcode. Nearest Paypoint to St Mary's is the Co-Op opposite school entrance.
The latest school dinner menu and allergen information can be found at www.eats-catering.co.uk.
Find out if you are eligible for free school meals quickly by following the link below:
The menus are rotated across 3 weeks and changed at the October half term and April holiday. Below is the PDF for the menu and a link to the allergen information.
Allergen Information menu and allergen information from Eats
Child Safety Online - A practical guide to parents and carers whose children are using social media
In the event of adverse weather conditions please listen to the local radio stations for regular updates. Please assume we are OPEN unless you hear otherwise via one of the official methods of communications – school website, Parentmail or BBC Radio Suffolk. In the event of snow, please ensure your child/children come to school in wellington boots (with shoes to change into) and coat. They will not be allowed out to play unless they have the appropriate footwear and warm clothing.
If anybody who lives nearby feels able to volunteer to help clear snow from the school playground and car park entrance early in the day (7.30am) on “severe weather days”, we are compiling a list of volunteers in the office and would be very grateful to hear from you!
Equalities Information and Analysis
If you would like a paper copy of a document on our website please contact the school office 01473 728372.
If you would like to comment on our school performance, the link to Ofsted Parentview can be found under the performance tab.